Pick your poison just took on a whole new meaning. A Massachusetts man recently found himself in hospital after opening one of several “antique” bottles of “whiskey” he scored in an online auction, the Daily Mail reports. His throat and hands started burning, and wouldn’t you know it—the bottle contained strychnine, or rat poison.
Always read the label
To help you avoid the same fate, World of Buzz offers these tips for spotting fake booze. A few pointers: check the spelling on the bottle carefully, sniff before you drink, and take a good look at the liquid’s texture and color. Words to live by.